Hotels today are faced with a huge dilemma: How to lower bandwidth/network costs and provide Guest Internet Services Free or at a low cost.
Cost Sensitive Hotel Management Companies come to Broadband Enterprise for all their Bandwidth Needs.
Some tips on How to Plan and Purchase Bandwidth - not displayed on most sites:
- Bandwidth Services are a Mature Technology - so today Price should matter as Service Levels are mature
- Almost never purchase bandwidth directly from a telco/provider or retail - as you lose contract flexibility
- Keep in mind end Hotels may buy 1-20 locations every 36 months vs. wholesalers who buy 1-10-20 every month
- Wholesale quantity buying lowers bandwidth costs - some wholesalers chose to pass on savings, others do not
- All downtime is handled the same, by same group, irrespective who you purchase your bandwidth from - so notion that one group is more responsive than others may not be true if a ticket is opened on time.
- Upgrades should direct you to today's low prices, vs. stringing you over existing contracts and higher prices, if you've crossed 12 month in term. In some cases have provider buy-out existing contract to lower upgrade price
- Retail Service providers have strict Early Termination Liability - do not provide concessions to migrate revenue or swap circuits Hence better to use wholesalers that enable you migrate revenue, sometimes using other customer revenue to help offset hotel contract liability - stay shopper smart
- IPV4 is getting scarce. ARIN (the registry that maintains IPs) - do not have any IPV4 addresses - so plan for IPV6 or hurry up and get upgrades this year if you still desire to stay IPV4.
- If you've reached 1 Gigabit services and need lower traffic latency, request Caching - it will prolong next bandwidth upgrade as well as offer better latency. Did you know online music is the highest used app by Hotel Guests over Video - fortunately it uses less bandwidth
- Plan for Backup. Mobile is available now as backup - test before install. Sometimes usage is not charged until used - so huge cost saving. We've tested speeds in some markets - they show 20 to 60Meg and it only gets better.
- Keep in mind: $100 saving on bandwidth results in $3600 savings on contract - if Management Company has 20 Hotels - that's $72,000 savings.